Revolution Logo Competition
Rules for entry
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) apply to the Revolution Logo competition. The promoter is All Good Co. Community Interest Company (“we”, “us” or “our”).
Our Address: All Good Co. CIC, 6 Marryat Square, Wyfold Road, Fulham, London, SW6 6UA.
Our Email Address: email@example.com
- The competition is intended for entry by persons located in the United Kingdom.
- The competition is only open to school pupils aged 11 – 16 at the time of entry.
- Entry to the competition is free.
- Entrants can enter on their own or as a team (“you” or “your”).
- If you enter as a team you must provide a “team name” and details of a “leader” or “captain” as part of your application.
For each entry, you must complete all of the details requested on the website in the areas provided and complete and submit the entry form template online, which you can find at
- You must submit a design for both the Upcycling Logo and the Lifecycling Logo (“Logo Designs”) as individual scanned images or photographs in the designated spaces provided in the entry form template in order for an entry to be considered.
- By submitting a competition entry, you agree to these Terms and confirm that you have obtained the written consent of a parent or legal guardian to do so on these Terms. We may ask you to provide proof of such consent.
- By submitting a competition entry, you confirm that you are a school pupil aged 11 - 16. We may require you to provide proof of age.
- The competition opens on 04 May 2020 and ends at 12 noon on 30 August 2020 (“Closing Date”). No entries will be accepted after the Closing Date, including those which are lost, damaged or delayed in transit.
- You are not required to make any purchase to enter the competition and there is no charge to register for use of our website.
- We will only process the personal information you provide to us as set out in the following Privacy Notice: [. Both you and your parent or legal guardian consent to this processing by us, in order for us to administer the Revolution Logo competition and for publicity and promotion of the Revolution Logo competition and the causes that we support.
- You can submit any number of entries from 04 May until the Closing Date.
- You must include in your entry the name of the school you are attending at the date of entry and the contact details, including email address, of a teacher at your school. Where you are a team, all members of the team must attend the same school.
- We will not acknowledge or return any entries submitted.
- We will not provide feedback on entries.
We will not accept entries that:
- are incomplete, illegible or corrupt;
- do not meet the entry instructions;
- contain incorrect details;
- are submitted by someone else on your behalf or an organised group; or
- are automatically created by a computer.
If you have a problem submitting an entry, please email the entry to:
Entries must not:
- be violent, negative and/or discriminative of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or obscene;
- promote or be about the use of illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, and any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- be offensive or be about hate;
- defame, misrepresent or contain negative remarks about us or other people, products or companies;
- contain commercial names or trademarks owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission of the relevant rightsholder, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses;
- contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, musical 'samples' and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission of the relevant rightsholder;
- contain materials embodying photographs, footage or other content identifying any person, living or dead without permission of the relevant rightsholder;
- include messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which we wish to associate; or
- depict, or itself be in, violation of any law.
- Any inappropriate or offensive material may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Entries will be automatically reviewed and moderated for content before being judged to ensure that they do not contain any of the prohibited material listed above. Any entry that is found, at any time, not in compliance with these Terms or that otherwise contains inappropriate content as determined by us, in our sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- The judging panel shall consist of our CEO, Roydon Turner, one judge from each partner promoting the Revolution Logo and one independent judge.
- The judges will select the Logo Designs submitted by one entrant as the winning Logo Designs of the competition.
- The judges' decision is final.
- The winner will be selected from all eligible entries received on the basis of the Judging Criteria set out below.
- We will send the full names of the judges to anyone who writes within one month after the Closing Date requesting details of the judges and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to our address set out at the top of these Terms.
Judges will look for stand out ideas that incorporate creative flair, carried out according to the following criteria:
- originality of design and creative thinking behind the approach;
visual appeal reflecting the key objectives and promotion of each cycle:
Upcycling and Lifecycling;
- ease of interpretation: the public will instantly understand the purpose and meaning of the logos when they see them; and
- suitability and flexibility for public use: logos must be capable of being applied to objects to inform the public that the business or object can be used for and/or supports Upcycling and Lifecycling.
Prizes and winner notification
- The parent or legal guardian of the overall winners (first, second and third place) of the Revolution Logo competition will receive a cheque from us for £1,000 (one thousand pounds sterling) for themselves (or where the awards are to a team, the parent or legal guardian of the “leader” or “captain” of the team will receive a cheque to be shared among each member of the team) for first place, second place will be awarded £250 (two hundred and fifty pounds sterling) and third place will be awarded £100 (one hundred pounds sterling). The prizes will be delivered within one month of announcement.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-exchangeable. However, in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, may offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. Unless we agree with the winner otherwise, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winners. The prize cannot be sold or auctioned or otherwise transferred to a third party.
- The winners will be notified that they have won the competition by email in the week commencing 07 September 2020 (“Announcement Week”), using the contact details provided by the winner.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within [seven] days after the end of the Announcement Week, we may award the prize to another entrant instead.
- We are required to either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation we will send the surname and county of the prize winner and, if applicable copies of their winning entry, to anyone who writes to our address set out above (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within [one] month after the Closing Date of the competition.
If the winner objects to any or all of their surname, country and winning entry being published or made available, the winner should contact us at
. In such circumstances, we must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Schools will be required to give permission for the school, and the information provided in the competition entry, to be used for publicity or promotion of the competition and the causes we support. The contact teacher must acknowledge the email and secure permission within one week after the end of the Announcement Week. If permission is not given by this date, the winner will no longer be entitled to the prize and we will select a new winner, and therefore a new winning school.
- The winners (first, second and third place) will be formally agreed by 7 September 2020 and the names of the winners will be announced 14 September 2020.
- There are no other prize alternatives available in whole or in part.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity arising from this competition, including photography or filming.
- We shall provide information to the winner and their school in relation to any photography or filming, including release forms which must be signed by each individual of the winning entry and their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and returned to us, granting permission for this photography/ filming.
- If a parent or legal guardian of a child from the winning entry does not wish their child to be photographed/ filmed, they must make this clear in the release form and return this to us in advance.
that we may, but are not required to, make your competition entry, any accompanying material and any material created in connection with any publicity specified in clause 37 above, including any Logo Designs (the “Material”) available on our website
and any other media, now or in the future, in connection with any publicity or promotion of the competition and the causes we support;
- to grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Materials for such purposes;
- that if you are the winner, you hereby assign to us all intellectual property rights in the Material with full title guarantee; and
- that you hereby waive all moral rights, in and to the Material and otherwise arising in connection with the competition entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
You should ask your parent or legal guardian to explain these terms to you and how they affect your rights. In summary, this means that we can use your entry for publicity or promotional purposes and if you win the competition, we will own all rights in your entry, including the Logo Designs.
- All entry instructions form part of the rules.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, we accept no liability for any damage, loss or liabilities incurred or suffered as a result of you entering this competition or accepting the prize which were not foreseeable by you and us at the time of entry, and which did not arise as a result of a breach of these Terms by us. Nothing shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence. Your legal rights are not affected.
- You will only be contacted in relation to the competition. Your personal data will only be retained until the winner has been decided. The winner’s personal data will only be retained until the end of any publicity described at clause 37.
- We may in our absolute discretion disqualify any entrant where we believe they have not complied with these Terms.
- You confirm that you have the sole and absolute authority to grant to us (and the consent of no other person or entity (including the subject of the work, if any) is required for us to exercise) the rights granted at clause 40, and our exercise of such rights shall not violate or infringe any rights or interests of any third party (including, without limitation, moral rights).
- Our decisions are final in all matters relating to this competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.